- Login to Blackboard
- Enter course
- Click on the “Grade Center” menu button located in the Course Management > Control Panel
- Click on the “Full Grade Center” link which is a sub menu under the Grade Center menu button
- In the grade center, click on the “Work Offline” located on the right.
- Drop down menu presents two options. Upload or Download. Select Download.
- On the Download Grades page, be sure to select:
- Data – Full grade center.
- Options – Tab as the delimiter.
- Save Location – Select “My Computer”
- Click Submit
- To save the file, click Download, then click Save and browse to the location in which you wish to
save the file.
- Change the file name if you would like to. By default the file name is “gc_course id_fullgc_date.xls”
Open the Gradebook in Excel
- Start Excel.
- In the File menu, select Open, find the gradebook file, highlight its name and click on Open.
- In the Text Import Wizard Window, select the radio button for Delimited, then click Next.
- In the next window under Delimiters, click the checkbox next to Tab if it is not checked.
- Click the box next to Other and type in the | character (the top character on the key under Backspace key; it looks like 2 vertical dashes). Then click Next.
- Click Finish.
You will see your gradebook in Excel with separate columns for name/username, student ID and each grade. Click File, Save As and select Save as type “Microsoft Office Excel Workbook (*.xls)”.
Prepare your Excel file for uploading to Online Grade Input
- Open your Excel file.
- Delete all columns except A (SUID) and B (final grade).
- Delete all headers.
- Click File>Save As. Select location and file name. Save as type CSV (Comma deliminated) for PC’s, “CSV (Windows)” for MAC.
- Click Save.
- Message displays: “Do you want to keep the workbook in this format?” Click yes.
- Close Excel file.
- Open your Grade Roster in MySlice (see: Online Grading Overview [PDF, 207KB])
- Click green Upload Grades button.
- Using Browse, select file to be uploaded.
- Click Upload*.
- Review Grade Roster for accuracy of grades.
- Click Submit to Registrar button.
*If your Excel file was not formatted correctly, or if there are grades missing for a student in your Excel file, you will receive an error message when uploading. Click OK to close the message window, and then click Show Errors to troubleshoot. If the error indicates that grades are missing, you can manually enter them on the grade roster