Errors you may resolve on your own
|Requisite not met for class, not enrolled
Requirements have not been met to enroll in the specified class. The enrollment transaction was not processed Example Prereq: BIO 121
|You can take no action. Enrollment cannot be processed for this class for current term. Enrollment for the requisite course must have occurred in a prior semester.|
|A required related class also needs to be selected.
You are attempting to enroll in a multi component class and you have only selected one of the required components.
|• Return to add classes
• Reenter class number
• Select additional required component when prompted on the enrollment options page
|Hold on student’s record; add not processed.
You are being blocked from registration due to unresolved business.
|• Each applied hold may be viewed via the Holds section or the View
Holds link in the finances section within the Student Services section
• Contact information for the applying office is displayed for each hold.
• Contact the applying office to resolve the hold
|No valid appointment found and open enrollment period has not begun.
You are trying to register before your Enrollment date/time or during a time period when the system is not available for registration.
|• In MySlice select the View My Enrollment Dates link in the Student
Services section to see your correct appointment day/time.
|Student not enrolled; class full or restricted.
The class is closed or you do not meet class enrollment requirements.
|Choose an option below:
• Select another class
• Choose wait list if available (contact course department to be enrolled. You will not be automatically enrolled from a waitlist)
• Contact the department to obtain a permission number to enroll for the class
|Time scheduling conflict; student not enrolled in class.
Class conflicts with another class section already on your class schedule.
|• Select another section or override time conflict if appropriate.
• It is not advised to register for multiple academic classes at the same time; refer to attendance policy of class.
Errors you will need to contact school/college/department to resolve
|Class full; student added to wait list.
You have chosen the waitlist option. You are not enrolled in the class.
|• Contact department that is offering the class to learn how waitlists are being handled.
• You will not automatically be enrolled in the class
|Maximum term student unit load exceeded.
You are either an Undergraduate student trying to register for more than 19 credits or a Graduate student trying to register for more than 15 credits.
|• Undergraduates students Contact your home school/college for
• Graduate students contact the Graduate School
• If the error is received while attempting to audit a class, bring completed grading option application form to Registrar’s Office, 106 Steele Hall.
Cannot see Student Services section
Click the content link in MySlice header. From the content page, select the Student Services check box. Click the save button at the bottom of the page. The Student Services section will be available, if the Student Services section is still not an option, contact the ITS help line at 315-443-2677.
When preparing to register the term is not displayed for you to select in MySlice
Contact the Bursar’s Office, give the Bursar representative your SUID number and ask them to conform that you are Eligible to Enroll for the term.
How to remove your name from a Waitlist for a multi-component class
If you decide to Drop just go ahead drop yourself from the waitlist. The system will automatically drop you out of all related components. But if you want to enroll in another section of this class without first dropping from the waitlist, you must contact staff in the Department.