Student Record and Services

Access to student records is protected by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.

To prevent the release of “Directory Information”, you must file a Request to Prevent Disclosure of Directory Information form with the Office of the Registrar, 106 Steele Hall.  You may file a request at any time and it will remain in effect permanently (including after departure from the University) unless you request a change.

As a current student, you can view and update certain records through MySlice, Student Services. You can also provide access to a third party, e.g., a parent, through MySlice, Share My Access.

Current and former students may view their records in the Office of the Registrar upon presentation of appropriate identification:  SU I.D. card; driver’s license; sheriff’s I.D.; or employment I.D. Transcripts from other institutions that were provided for admission or credit evaluation cannot be reissued or copied for distribution. Transcripts from other institutions must be obtained directly from those institutions.

Current Student Contact Information

We require you to provide current address, phone, and other contact information to facilitate timely communication on matters of interest to you as a student and to enable prompt communication in emergency situations. Twice each year you will be prompted to review your contact information before you can access Student Services in MySlice.

Social Security Number Change

Should you need to change the Social Security Number that we have on your record, you must present your social security card and SU ID card to the Office of the Registrar, 106 Steele Hall.

Name Change

To update or change your name on your student record, please review and complete the Change of Student Information [PDF]. Please attach the appropriate proof of name change to the form and submit them to one of the following offices:

If you are employed at SU (receiving a paycheck for work study, graduate assistantship, part-time work, etc.) the completed form and proof must be submitted to Human Resources (either at Skytop Office Bldg. or 210 Steele Hall).

If you are a student who is not receiving a paycheck the complete form and proof must be submitted to the Office of the Registrar, 106 Steele Hall.

For international students on a visa, your name must reflect the name that appears on the visa.  Contact The Center for International Services for assistance in updating your name.

Other Services

View the drop down listing under ‘Students’ in the left column for information on a variety of other services.