Withdrawal after the Academic Drop deadline

After the Academic Drop deadline, students may withdraw from classes by filing a petition to withdraw. Classes from which students withdraw remain on the transcript record with the grading symbol WD. The WD does not calculate toward the grade point average. Review the Academic Calendar for details.


  1. Use the Withdrawal Petition [PDF] form or obtain one from the home college dean’s office. Complete the petition, indicating all relevant class information: course prefix, number, section, and title.
  2. Obtain the required signatures. Generally only the dean’s office signature is required, but individual school/college requirements may vary.
  3. Submit the form to the Registrar’s Office, 106 Steele Hall, by the Withdrawal deadline.